How to Load a Moving Truck
Posted on: May 31, 2019 | by: admin
Are you moving soon? If so, you may have rented a moving truck to help with the process. Did you know that there is actually a best practice when loading a moving truck? Read this blog for the best tips for loading a moving truck!
6 Tips for Packing a Moving Truck
- Invest in moving supplies: While moving can be expensive and it may be tempting to try and cut corners to drop the cost, it is not a good idea to cut out moving supplies. If you are doing a DIY move, it is a good idea to rent a dolly and moving straps. These items will not only make your move easier; they can also help to prevent damage or injury from occurring to you or your items.
- Ensure all fragile boxes are properly labeled: Ensuring all fragile boxes are labeled will help to prevent your items from getting damage during the move. On the days leading up to your move, check all boxes that contain fragile items to make sure they are labeled properly.
- Load large items into the truck first: In order to make sure your large items fit in the moving truck, load them first. This includes: a washer and dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher and any large pieces of furniture.
- Evenly distribute weight: When loading heavy items into the truck, try to evenly distribute the weight throughout the truck. For example, if you are loading a heavy washer into the truck, place the dryer on the opposite wall to distribute the weight.
- Use tie downs: Use tie downs to prevent heavy items from shifting during your move. This includes books cases, dressers, head boards and more.
- Keep all fragile and important items with you: In order to prevent damaging or losing any fragile or important items, keep all important and fragile items in the front of the truck with you. It’s very possible for items in the truck to shift during your drive, and the last thing you want when you arrive at your new home is to find damaged or broken items.
Reduce Moving Stress with a Storage Unit Rental!
A great way to reduce stress when moving is to utilize a storage unit rental. A storage unit rental allows you to place seasonal items or items you do not use often in a storage unit ahead of your move, which can reduce moving day stress. It also provides more storage space which can help to keep your new home neat and organized.
Are you looking for a storage facility near you? Stor-Mor Self Storage has storage facilities in Torrance, CA, Cypress, CA, Anaheim, CA, Littleton, CO, Colorado Springs, CO, and Fort Collins, CO at Lincoln and Midpoint. Whether you are looking for storage for a few key items, or an entire household of items, we have a storage facility for you.
Reserve your storage unit today!