5 Essential Staging Tips for Selling a Home
Posted on: April 22, 2019 | by: admin
The spring and summer are two of the biggest seasons for moving. Are you thinking about selling your house this moving season? Selling a home can be a lot of work, but home staging can help to make it sell faster and easier. Interested in learning more? Try out these 5 tips for staging your home for a quick sale!
Staging a Home for Quick Sale: Follow These 5 Tips!
- Clean for pet odors: Before showing your house, be extra vigilant to get out any pet odors. Vacuum the carpet, steam all rugs and wash the floors. You never know if someone touring your home may have a pet allergy, and this can help to make the best impression on guests.
- Repaint with neutral tones: Giving your house a fresh paint job can go a long way to make your home look fresh and updated. When choosing the color for your home, pick a neutral tone. This will help to attract the most buyers possible.
- Clear away clutter: One of the most important tips when staging your home is to declutter. A home that is too cluttered will take attention away from your house. Comb through each room pulling out items you no longer need. These items can either be given away, sold, thrown out or stored in a storage unit until they are needed.
- Focus on curb appeal: The first thing any potential buyers will see when they pull up to your house is the outside of your home. Make a good first impression on them by taking care of the outside of your house as well. Make sure the grass is cut, the landscaping is neat and consider putting flower planters leading up to your front door to add a pop of color.
- Get rid of personal photos and touches: While you may love the way your wedding photos look on the mantle, the goal of home staging is for someone touring your home to be able to picture themselves living inside of your home. Personal touches will distract anyone touring your home from this goal.
Declutter Your Home With a Storage Unit Rental!
Unfortunately, it can be difficult to declutter your home when a potential buyer will see every inch of it. With traditional guests, you can make your home look neater by putting things in the garage, basement and closet. When showing a home, a potential buyer will want to see all of these spots. A storage unit rental can be a smart investment when selling your home. It allows you to tuck away any items you do not want potential buyers to see in a secure location close to your home. This can help to make your home look neater, it will also look more organized and more appealing to potential buyers.
Are you looking for a storage unit rental near you? Stor-Mor Self Storage has storage facilities in Torrance, CA, Cypress, CA, Anaheim, CA, Colorado Springs, CO, Littleton, CO and Fort Collins, CO on Lincoln Ave and Midpoint Dr. Our storage facilities offer convenient storage unit sizes, including 5×5, 5×10, 10×10 and 10×15 storage units.
Reserve a storage unit with Stor-Mor Self Storage today!