7 Holiday Preparation Tips for the Home
Posted on: December 21, 2018 | by: admin
Are you ready for the holiday season? Whether you’re ready or not, it is quickly approaching! The holiday season is a magical time often filled with hosting holiday parties, making cookies with friends and family members, caroling and more. Unfortunately, this season can also bring a great deal of stress. One way to cut down on the holiday season stress is to prepare ahead of time. Check out these holiday preparation tips!
7 Stress-Free Holiday Tips
- 1. Get a head count: When you invite friends and family members over for holiday events, ask them to RSVP by a certain date. This will help you to know how much food to prepare and hopefully prevent any last-minute visitors. It is also always smart to ask your guests ahead of time if they will need any overnight accommodations.
- 2. Make your home overnight guest ready: After you ask for the head count, start to prepare for overnight guests. Stock up on extra shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes and makeup remover. Additionally, pick up a few breakfast options that can easily be cooked the morning before or after the event.
- 3. Stock up on the basics: The last thing you want is to run out of an essential item right in the midst of the holiday season. Purchase extra Tupperware, plastic wrap, dishwasher fluid, soap and any other items you often use in your household.
- 4. Evaluate your dinnerware: Run through your recipes and determine how many pots, pans, cooking sheets and serving dishes you’ll need for your holiday meals. This will help you to identify if you need to purchase or borrow additional cooking or serving dishes.
- 5. Clean all appliances: The last thing you want your holiday guests to see is the splattered sauce in your microwave from last week. Before hosting your parties, be sure to give your microwave, refrigerator and oven a thorough cleaning.
- 6. Check for trip or slip hazards: While you maneuver around your house day in and day out, your guests do not. Looking for any loose tiles or slippery rugs that could result in your guests falling.
- 7. Child-proof your home: If you will be having young children stay with you, be sure to child-proof your home. Look for small items like potpourri or marbles that they could stick in their mouths. Also, check your home for any corners they may accidentally fall against.
Stor-Mor Has Holiday Storage Solutions
As you’re preparing your home for the holiday, you may come to realize that you simply have too many items cluttering your home. A storage unit rental is a smart solution for storing out-of-season items, bulky furniture pieces taking up too much room, or items that will not get any use during the holiday season. Stor-Mor has storage facilities in Torrance, CA, Cypress, CA, Anaheim, CA, Colorado Springs, CO, Littleton, CO and in Fort Collins, CO on Midpoint Road and Lincoln Avenue. Reserve a 5×5, 5×10 or 10×10 storage unit today!